What is this?
On February 3rd - February 5th 2023 we'll gather again for the biggest game making event in the world. During one weekend, over 200 game developers, game students and game/tech enthusiasts will gather to create great game ideas. During the event we will brainstorm and pitch ideas, divide into teams, and create as many games as possible within 48 hours.
Everyone is welcome, we need all kinds of skills - from programmers to game designers, artists and musicians. People with no previous experience are also encouraged to join us, share their perspective and learn more about game development. If this sounds like fun, check out our signup section!
Where is it?
Global Game Jam Hamar 2023 is held at the Inland Norway University of applied sciences.
We’ll be welcoming you by the front entrance to the main campus
During the whole event, the school will be open to the participants. You may come and go as you wish, and if you don't want to leave at all that is fine. The location will be open 24-7 with guards available the whole time. There will be sleeping areas and food available at all times (bring your own sleeping bag and ground pads/sleeping mats).
This Year's local keynote is Thomas French!
Thomas is a veteran in the game industry with over 18 years of experience. He started his career as a game designer at Elixir Studio and later worked at Rockstar Games for nearly ten years, where he took on roles in both level design and programming. After that, he moved to Norway to work at Snowcastle Games for many years as the lead game designer, technical director, and producer. And more recently he joined Krillbite as the game director.
- 14:00 Registration opens
- 16:00 Introduction and information in Auditorium 1 and 2
- 16:30 Local keynote (Thomas French)
- 17:00 Global Game Jam keynote
- 17:10 Theme announcement
- 17:20 Brainstorming
- 18:00 Food
- 19:00 Pitching in Auditorium 1 and 2
- 20:00 Forming of groups (You can start making games now!)
- 21:30 Gamedev for dummies! Intro to some basic tools (Isak Wahl)
- Time for talks! :
- 12:00 (NO)Kodearkitekturitur-basertespill,erfaringerfraReawake(Sebastian Vråle)
- 12:35 A Perfectly Paranormal Dialogue system (Gisle Sølvberg)
- 13:10 101 Game Jam Survival Course for Unity Devs (Dennis Foose)
- 13:30 (NO)Flerfaglige fordeler (Charlotte Victoria Molnar)
- 13:50 Interactive sound design workshop (Julie Nagell Hagen)
- 14:20 Stimulant Enhancers Git and Unity (Henrik Goldsack)
- 14:50 Fynd feats and future workforce (Kristine Kvam) (Sponsor)
- 15:00 Deadline for registering at globalgamejam.org
- 18:00 Food
- 15:00 Deadline for submission at globalgamejam.org
- 16:00 Presentation of all the games
- 18:00 You can sleep now
We know for a fact that Global Game Jam Hamar won't be the same without
you. If you want to meet a bunch of great people, or just want to be
part of something huge and amazing, we strongly suggest you register
to join the fun!
Subscribe to our mailing list to get updates!